At Music Together Fresno-Clovis, we are closely monitoring the situation regarding coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in our community. Until the situation is resolved, we will continue to defer to the CDC and other health professionals on how best to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
According to the California Department of Public Health, as well as the Fresno and Madera County Departments of Health, COVID-19 is not spreading in the area and there is very low immediate risk to the public at this time. Therefore, we will begin our Spring semester as planned on March 24th. However, this is a rapidly changing situation, and we have started planning for future scenarios in case it becomes necessary to cancel or delay classes. We will keep families updated and informed as the situation continues to unfold, and we invite you to reach out to Director Chandelle Arambula at any time at email@example.com or 559-458-8811.
In the meantime, we have revised our health policy using guidance from the CDC about best practices to prevent the spread of germs and ensure your continued health and well-being. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/stop-the-spread-of-germs.pdf
2020 Health Policy for Music Together Fresno-Clovis
We ask for your help in keep all members of our musical community healthy by following these protocols. Our classes may have immune-compromised individuals (including pregnant women) who may be more susceptible to viral respiratory infections, including influenza and COVID-19, so your vigilance and adherence to this policy is extremely important. Our teachers reserve the right to send a family home from class if they feel these sickness protocols are not being followed.
Classroom Cleaning Protocols
- All instruments that were distributed will be disinfected between classes and at the end of the day with hospital-grade sanitizing disinfectant.
- Classroom surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized daily.
- Some instruments and props may be taken out of circulation.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes will be available for use during class.
Family Health Protocols
- We ask that all adults and children wash their hands before and after class for at least 20 seconds. (Sing the "Hello Song" to all members of your family!) Please arrive a few minutes early to allow time for this.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow. (Practice this with our chant, "I'm freezing, I'm freezing . . . sneezing . . . Achoo! Achoo!") Afterwards, wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
- If you or your child is sick, please stay home until you are fully recovered. If you or your child has had a fever, you must be fever-free for at least 24 hours (with assistance of medication) before returning to class.
- If you or your child becomes ill with something contagious after you were in class, please contact us immediately.
Schedule a make-up!
We have a generous, unlimited make-up policy, so please keep that in mind. Schedule a make-up HERE.
Let's keep the music playing!